Advanced Group Skills
The next introductory training will be held November 1-2, 2018. Registration is open for the November training.
Register here for the November 1-2, 2018 Advanced Training
This training is designed for people who have experience leading abuser education groups. We prefer that attendees have previously been trained in the Emerge model, but attendees who have been trained in a similar model, such as the Duluth model, are welcome as well. At this training, participants will grapple with the complexities of group leadership, learn new skills and interventions, and tackle cutting edge issues in the overall field of abuser education.
- Details about later-stage group interventions
- Challenging cases encountered when working with abusers, including individual client cases, overall group issues, and problems related to agency policies
- New and developing educational activities, strategies and interventions
- Overview of Emerge group sessions via DVD recordings to examine specific interventions
- Strengths and limitations of group leader styles
- Parenting issues for abusers
- Advanced role-playing examples and discussion
Tuition for this course is $200, and 13 continuing education credit hours are offered.
This training can be conducted as an out-of-state training.
If you have any questions about this training that are not answered on our website, please call our office at 617-547-9879.