A Conference on the Intersections Between Therapy and Abuser Education
Emerge has developed a one-day conference in order to reach out to the therapeutic community in the hope that abusers in therapy can benefit from both services as much as possible.
- Treatment goals, techniques and engagement strategies used in abuser education programs
- How therapy and abuser education can support each other
- How to put theory into practice using role plays and case discussions
- “The Continuum of Harmful Behavior,” a new tool which can be used to assess whether a client is an abuser or is acting in an insensitive and alienating manner toward their family
- Tools used in abuser education that may also be useful in therapy
The tuition for this conference is $100 and 6 hours of continuing education credits are offered to participants.
For information on having Emerge customize an “Is It Abuse?” Conference at your agency, or to find out about any future offerings elsewhere, email Ted German, Emerge’s Director of Training.