Emerge offers a Responsible Fatherhood Program, a 12-week education group modeled after the Caring Dads curriculum and designed to help improve parenting skills. Groups meet once a week for two hours and run approximately three times per year. The next group is planned for Fall 2015 and will be offered in both English and Spanish. This program meets probation and Department of Children and Families (DCF) requirements for attendance to a parenting group.
The focus of the group is to:
- Understand and respond to your children’s needs
- Identify reasonable expectations and rules for children of different ages
- Improve your parenting skills
- Improve your co-parenting skills
- Build trust and understanding with your children
The Caring Dads program at Emerge is FREE for all group participants. The program is twelve sessions long and groups will meet every Wednesday night. To enroll in the next English group, call our office at 617-547-9879. To enroll in the next Spanish group, please contact Teresa Martinez at 617-652-0150.