The Anger Management Program at Emerge consists of 14 sessions, divided as follows:
- One session reviewing the program workbook, discussing the activities involved in the program, and discussing an initial educational lesson.
- Four sessions discussing the concept of “Prevention.” These sessions focus on changing thoughts to prevent a harmful reaction to anger.
- Four sessions discussing the concept of “Containment.” These sessions focus on how to stop anger from escalating to an unmanageable level.
- Four sessions discussing the concept of “Resolution.” These sessions focus developing conflict resolution skills and making amends for angry behavior.
- One session of review and self-evaluation, reflecting on lessons learned and goals for the future.
Each group or individual session requires participants to complete four workbook exercises which have a variety of approaches and content. Workbooks are given out during the first session.